The Kingsholm offers 4-star AA graded guest accommodation only 350 metres from Torquay's bustling Harbour with its many restaurants, cafes and bars. It is a fine Edwardian house situated in a conservation area, with many rooms overlooking the ornamental trees of Torwood Gardens.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Kent's Cavern (1 mi)
- Torquay's World Heritage Site. Take a guided tour of these extensive limestone caves which have yielded the oldest human remains found in Britain. Understand how the rocks of Torbay formed and how Victorian excavators discovered the secrets of the caves and laid the foundations for modern archaeology.
- Torquay Museum (0.01 mi)
- Torquay Museum, inspired by the excavations at Kent's Cavern, is the place to discover about the creation of Torbay, life in a Devon farmhouse, Devon explorers who have roamed the globe and Agatha Christie. Also check out Pengelly's Cafe for a great lunch.
- Living Coast (0.5 mi)
- Look at life on the edge. Learn about birds who inhabit our cliffs, estuaries and beaches. Meet the penguins and seals.
- Torre Abbey (0.75 mi)
- The best preserved monastic remains in Devon. The Abbey's magnificent Tithe Barn once housed prisoners from the Spanish Armada, while the Carey Family used the south wing as a private house which, after Georgian modernisation, played host to the officers of Britain's great sailing navy, including Nelson. The Abbey also provides Torbay with a wonderful art gallery.
- Convenience Store (0.2 mi)
- There is a newsagents and convenience store about 2 minutes walk from the Kingsholm
- Pharmacy (0.1 mi)
- About 2 minutes walk to the Pharmacy
- Bank & ATM (0.3 mi)
- There are banks on the harbourside, about 5 minutes walk
A38 for Exeter then A385 via Totnes for Paignnton. Approaching Paingnton pass Collaton St Mary then at trafiic lights turn left onto the A380. About 200 yards on, use filter lane to turn right. Follow road past roundabout and fire station to a T-Junction controlled by lights. Turn left and follow to Torquay seafront, past the Grand Hotel and Princess Theatre. Left at roundabout, left at next roundabout into Torwood St which becomes Babbacombe Rd. We are just after the Bowling Alley.
Follow M5 south until it becomes the A380. Follow signs for Torquay. On entering Torquay follow signs for the seafront. At the seafront turn left past the Princess Theatre. At the next roundabout turn left. At the roundabout with a clock tower turn left up Torwood Street, this becomes Babbacombe Road at the traffic lights. We are on the left shortly after the Bowling Alley.
Torquay Station(1.5mi, 2.4km)
Exit the train station bear right onto the seafront. Turn left along the seafront (sea on your right). Follow the promenade until you pass the Princess Theatre and reach the harbour. Follow left around the harbour to the clock tower roundabout. At the roundabout with a clock tower turn left up Torwood Street. This becomes Babbacombe Road at the traffic lights. We are on the left shortly after the Bowling Alley.