The Boatside Inn is located 2.5 miles from the Historical town of Hexham situated on the banks of the South Tyne, within easy distance of Hadrians' Wall approximately 500 metres off the A69 main Newcastle to Carlisle road. 25 miles from Newcastle city centre. 15 miles west of Newcastle airport
Nearby Points of Interest
- Hadrians Wall (2 mi)
- You will find something to suit every taste and budget in Hadrians' Wall Country. Steeped in history there are 14 major Roman sites, forts and museums and countless mile castles and turrets to explore, as well as many great non-Roman places on offer. Explore the stunning landscape of the World Heritage Site on foot, or cycle, and take in the fantastic atmosphere of the bustling cities, market towns and quaint villages.
- Kielder Water (30 mi)
- There are many reasons to visit Kielder the most popular being the distinctive scenery. Home to northern Europe's largest man-made lake and England's largest forest, the Park's remoteness and clean air and water offer a fresh outdoor experience. Whether you want to rejuvenate and relax away from the stresses of city life or you are seeking adrenalin thrills and adventure in the great outdoors, Kielder Water & Forest Park has it all.
- Historic Hexham (3 mi)
- Named as England's favourite market town by Country Life magazine, Hexham is an historic, bustling centre in the heart of the Tyne Valley. Hexham Abbey is the historic centrepiece of the town The town also boasts two medieval towers: the 14th-century Hexham Old Gaol - the oldest purpose-built prison in England - and a Moot Hall which dates from the 14th or 15th century. There are a wealth of antique and curio shops and a farmers market which boasts some of the best food local producers offer.
- Hexham Races (5 mi)
- Hexham Racecourse takes full advantage of a natural amphitheatre of sloping grass below the stands to provide superb viewing of horse racing as well as the magnificent surrounding countryside. Hexham racecourse is the highest National Hunt course in the UK. The 2013 annual membership is now available a Double Badge Holder is £200.00 Senior Citizen 65yrs + is £175.00 Single £120.00 great value with over 40 reciprocal meetings and a bonus Durham County Cricket Club also has reciprocal dates
- Northumberland County Show (10 mi)
- The annual Northumberland County Show at Bywell Nr Stocksfield on May Bank Holiday 27th May 2013 it is the regions biggest single rural attraction and entertainment event. Main attractions for 2013 are approximately 300 trade stands, a falconry display, the Grand Parade of prize winning livestock, the judging of the overall Champion of Champions, Spectacular Main Arena Acts, Horse Shoeing Demonstrations, Live Music, Funfair plus much much more. Why not come along and enjoy the day
- Haltwhistle Walking Festival (10 mi)
- There are 19 walk so to choose from over the 9 days of the festival ranging from 4 - 14 miles and from easy to strenuous.
Newcastle Train Station(22.0mi, 35.4km)
Take the train from Newcastle Central Station to Hexham which is approximately 22 miles. Then take a taxi from the station to The Boatside Inn which is approximately 2.5 miles.
Newcastle Airport(12.0mi, 19.3km)
from Newcastle Airport to The Boatside Inn you can take a taxi or hire a car.
A69 westbound from Newcastle(22.0mi, 35.4km)
From A69 exit on the A1 head Westbound to Carlisle. Go straight over the Hexham roundabout and take the second right accross the eastbound carriageway, signposted Warden, Fourstones and Newbrough. Follow the country road down the hill for approximately 1/2 mile cross the South Tyne small bridge and The Boatside is directly infront of you. Bear left and the Car Park is first right